Vacancy: Public Relations Officer
The Trade Export Promotion Agency (TEPA) is a statutory corporation, established under the Trade Export Promotion Agency Act No. 16 of 2013 and operating under the auspices of the Ministry of Commerce, International Trade, Investment, Enterprise and Consumer Affairs, in Saint Lucia.
As the lead agency mandated to spearhead the island’s National Export Development effort, its overall objective is to increase aggregate volume and value of exports of both goods and services from Saint Lucia.
TEPA’s programmes are designed to increase exposure of Saint Lucia products and services in the global market and to promote the national image or brand by providing information, counsel and marketing services to exporters looking to expand into external markets.
Towards this end, TEPA is soliciting the services of a suitably qualified person desirous of joining a dynamic and performance driven team to serve as the Public Relations Officer and to assume the duties and roles defined here-in.
Reporting to the Market Research Officer, the Public Relations Officer will be responsible for implementing the public relations functions of the Agency. The individual will be responsible for driving engagement with traditional and non-traditional media. The PR Officer will be charged with ensuring that the general public is well informed on TEPA’s activities and any other information that the Agency is desirous of sharing on export related matters inter alia.
The PR Officer will offer support to other departments and inter-departmental information sharing. The PR officer will also be required to maintain and strengthen the brand and corporate image of the Agency.
This job is designed to allow the officer to gain valuable experience, assisting with and as required, undertaking the roles and responsibilities of PR Officer as he/she participates directly in daily Agency operations.
The individual will learn how TEPA operates in an international context, gain in-depth knowledge of the functions of TEPA so as to deliver simple and effective communiqué as directed by the Agency. Page 2 of 3
He or she will be required to, inter alia:
- Conceive and conduct a major PR campaign which would include but not be limited to:
Highlighting the mandate of the Agency,
Highlighting the successes of the Agency,
Highlighting all other relevant attributes which would keep TEPA top of mind on all trade related matters,
Coordinating the requisite PR for the rebranding of the Agency to Export Saint Lucia.
- Develop Public Relations plan and schedule for TEPA;
- Conduct periodical workshops on various aspects of PR for TEPA staff;
- Prepare Press releases as required and news articles for publications as required;
- Organising events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- Serve as the liaison between TEPA and the media houses;
- Communicating with colleagues and key spokespeople;
- Prepare TEPA Newsletter publications;
- Assisting with the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes;
- Conduct or prepare TEPA staff for media interviews;
- Managing and updating information and engaging with users on TEPA’s Website and social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook;
- Prepare monthly report of PR activities undertaken by PR Company or Agent;
- Liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, often via telephone and email;
- Collating and analysing media coverage;
- Fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives;
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation;
- Any other duties assigned.
Technical Experience Required:
- Associate’s Degree with a strong record of academic achievement including (but not limited to) Media relations or Communications, Broadcast Journalism, Business;
- Strong knowledge of broadcast, affiliate relations, digital, and social media;
- Experience working in the media or engaging with media houses would be an asset.
- Excellent Orator;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills;
- Drive, competence, flexibility and a willingness to learn;
- Excellent Organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask;
- Creativity, imagination and initiative;
- Good teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Business awareness and a good knowledge of current affairs;
- Self-starter, motivated, team player with strong organizational skills;
- Solid computer proficiency, high level of proficiency in MS Office and MS Excel/PowerPoint in particular.
Personal Characteristics and Profile:
- Strong initiative, adaptability and flexibility, with the ability to work with ambiguity, multi-task and set priorities;
- Excellent public speaker;
- Well-developed interpersonal communications and representational skills, and qualities including the ability to represent TEPA on various media platforms;
- A high level of integrity and commitment to ethical behaviour;
- Self-starter, motivated, team player with strong organizational skills.
Applications inclusive of resume and certified copies of relevant educational certificates can be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Saint Lucia Trade Export Promotion Agency
2nd Floor, Hewanorra House, Pointe Seraphine,
P. O. Box CP5524