Saint Lucia Trade Export Promotion Agency (TEPA)
“Saint Lucia TEPA” is the Saint Lucian Government’s National Trade Export and Promotion Agency, and is the lead agency mandated to spearhead the island’s National Export Development Effort. The overall objective is to increase aggregate volume and value of exports from Saint Lucia.
A new vision has been cast to create the institutional arrangements that provide the best quality and most relevant services for the development of the private sector and to optimize Saint Lucia’s export opportunities.
Core Functions of the TEPA
The Trade Export and Promotion Agency (TEPA) will provide a range of information and support to local businesses and international buyers.
Saint Lucia TEPA works to promote and expand business in export markets around the world. We aspire to increase local exports, to assist local businesses improve profitability and long term sustainability, thus making a direct and valuable contribution to the Saint Lucian economy.
The TEPA Core Functions are to:
- Serve as a focal point for exports through advocacy, information dissemination and public education
- Undertake policy coordination for export development
- Coordinate the trade/ export services network
- Assume overall responsibility for the coordinating, monitoring and evaluation of the national export development strategy
- Undertake future strategic planning for exports
- Carry out the function of export promotion/ marketing at the national level